Things required for a game of rummy;
- Royal rummy playing board
- 60 small poker chips or pennies for each player
- A deck of playing cards
Rules for Playing Royal Rummy
- The game can be played with 3-6 members
- Each player is given a total of 60 chips
- There are 13 chambers on the game board, distributed around the board in the following manner – 8 in the middle and one on each board corner.
- Each chamber is labeled with unique playing cards and combination playing cards, Kitty and Pot.
- Each member has to place one chip in each chamber.
- All 52 cards of the deck are dealt with in the royal rummy game.
- Each member picks a card from the deck, and the member with the highest card becomes the dealer.
- The dealer must keep his hand or take an unclaimed hand.
- If the dealer chooses the other hand, he cannot have his original hand back.
- The player on the left of the dealer has to play his lowest black card. It can either be a spade or a club.
- The players must play in sequential and suit order. They can play multiple cards.
- If a player does not have the next highest card, the player who played before him must play his lowest card in the other color.
- The player who plays the ace has to play the lowest card from his hand in the opposite color, as ace is the highest card in a rummy royal board game.
- As the cards are played, chips are collected by the players in the holder.
- Chips can only be collected when the following cards are played.
All the Four Aces
- The King and Queen of Hearts
- The ten and Jack of Hearts
- A player who runs out of chips is eliminated
- After a poker round is completed, a new game begins with the player sitting to the left of the winner of the last round.
- The losers have to give one chip for all the cards they still have once there is a winner in the rummy game.
Playing strategies in Royal Rummy Game
- If you do not have the cards that can win you chips, playing the king and queen of hearts in a row can win you chips in royal rummy.
- You can also play the 8, 9, and 10 of the same suit in a row to win chips.
- When a player has played all his cards, he wins chips in the kitty section of the rummy royal board game.
- To save room on the board, play using pennies instead of chips.
- Rotate the dealer in each hand.
- If you do not hold at least three cards that can win you chips as a dealer, choose the other hand while playing royal rummy.
Things to Keep in Mind
When a player plays his last card, the other players cannot collect chips anymore, no matter what cards they have. To build the pot from hand to hand, the cards must be played to collect the chips.
Winning at Royal Rummy Game
The game is continued till one player has won all the chips. The game can also be discontinued once it has been played over many hands and for a long time. The player who has the most number of chips at the end of the game is the winner.
The winner does not take the leftover chips on the board. The leftover chips stay on the board until the next round of the rummy game is won.
The royal rummy game has both aspects of poker as well as rummy. It has simple steps, which once you master, you can easily win big. Many online versions of rummy allow you to play for free or with real money.
About Rummy Hall
Rummy Hall is a 100% legal, safe and secure platform for Online Rummy Games. The website’s smart correction, automatic and autonomous play powered by AI makes for a top-notch gaming experience. Sign up and play your favourite 13-card game on Rummy Hall for free!
Download Online Rummy App now to avail sign-in bonus and limited period seasonal offers!!