Before we get to how you can get the EXP Share in Pokemon FireRed, you have to know how it works. Using the EXP Share in FireRed is very easy, and here are some important points to keep in mind when it comes to how it works.
- Give the EXP Share to the Pokemon that you want to soak up the EXP.
- The EXP Share holder doesn’t even need to be in a battle to get EXP.
- Then, just have any Pokemon in your party defeat other Pokemon in battle.
- 50% of the EXP and stats will go to the Pokemon that is holding the EXP Share while the other 50% goes to the Pokemon in battle.
- If there are numerous Pokemon in battle, then, the EXP Share holder will still get 50% while the other 50% will be divided by all the Pokemon that participated in battle.
- Think of it like if the EXP is 200. The EXP Share holder gets 100, and the other 100 EXP will be divided by the Pokemon in battle. If two Pokemon were in battle, then they both would get 50.
- If the EXP Share holder starts the battle and gets swapped out, they get more EXP. Basically, the holder gets the 50%, but since it participated in battle, it will get 25% more from the other 50% and the one that defeated the enemy.
- This calculation is also applicable if multiple Pokemon is in battle. 50% goes to the holder, and the holder can still get whatever is the division for the remaining 50% if more than two Pokemon were present.
- If any Pokemon fainted during the battle, the EXP would be shared normally. Basically, no EXP will be wasted. The 50% still goes to the holder and those that were in battle that didn’t faint, will get the 50% but not give any to the one that did faint.
- If the holder fainted, then EXP will be shared normally by those who participated.
Let’s get to the actual where and how to get EXP Share in Pokemon FireRed. You need to go to Route 15 and find that building based on the images below.
On the second floor, one of Professor Oak’s Aide will be there to give you the EXP share when your Pokedex has 50 unique Pokemon entries. That’s right, and it has to be 50 UNIQUE and not 50 of the same Pokemon to get it.
It is a bit tricky or takes a lot of time to get 50 Unique Pokemon right away. The good thing is that it takes a bit of time before you get to Route 15. If you’ve been catching unique Pokemon before this, then you might have a chance to do things much faster.
Plus, at this point, you can already access the Safari Zone, where you can catch a lot of other Unique Pokemon. Evolving some of the Pokemon you have can also help.
Use Evolution Stones as well to get to the quota right away. That’s pretty much the fastest way you can go when you want to get the EXP Share fast. You could also use a cheat code to get the EXP Share early on.
Other How To Guides
Many of our readers use cheats in their Firered game, we have our collection of Pokemon FireRed cheats, and players loved it to gain an edge in the game. There is an EXP Share cheat in Pokemon FireRed. Take note, this code is only for FireRed and not for LeafGreen despite both games being the same. It only works for emulators, and make sure that the emulator you are using will allow you to access and use cheats.
|EXP Share Cheat||Code|
|Main Code||82025840 00B6|
|Alternative code||820257C4 00B6|
|Alternative code 2||820257C400B6|
There are several codes for the EXP Share in FireRed, but using them is them is the same. Input the code as Code Breaker type. Then, head to any Item PC, and you can withdraw an unlimited amount of EXP Share.
Suppose you’ll also notice that Code 2 and 3 are the same. The only difference is that there is a space. It sounds silly, but these things can be sensitive, but there are numerous codes because some versions of FireRed will only work using one of these specific codes.
Finally, ROM hacks based on FireRed can also use these codes, although some hacks won’t.
Now that you have an idea how to get EXP Share in Pokemon FireRed, maybe you should think of a strategy to get it fast. There are the cheat codes, but if you want to do it legitimately, you have to muster your efforts to get the EXP Share as fast as possible.
Getting the EXP Share can be very helpful for some players that want to level up their Pokemon to certain levels. Then again, later on, you might not have much of a need for this, but the game opens up to more Pokemon to catch post-game.